An online store can be made on a website builder, a ready-made CMS, a framework, or pure code without using ready-made solutions. It all depends on the complexity of your tasks.
Choosing a Platform for E-Commerce
Congratulations! You are running an online store. Django websites examples impress with their performance and productivity, but you still have doubts about that. SECLGroup can tell you which platform to use for an online store: website builders, CMS, or frameworks. The article’s main idea: a platform for an online store must be chosen according to the business tasks and the scale of your ideas.
Try on the platform ideas below. In the project discovery phase, you will understand how to build your online store. This will save you from wasting money and time.
How to Build a Platform for Selling Crafts?
Artists, retailers, and other people involved in small-scale production create the sell their art on their own. You don’t need an online store. The best option is to start your business on Instagram and other social networks.
Your tiny business will not allow you to sell through an online store. Investments in the promotion of an online store will not pay off. But it will be hard to trade without proper advertising. Competitors on marketplaces and social media will take all the traffic for themselves.
How to Choose a Platform to Resell Goods?
Do you resell consumer goods? Are you going online? But have you already played enough with Instagram and social media? Where do you have successful sales?
The main question is: do you already know how to get cheap traffic? Then you are ready to launch your online store. Otherwise, you face the same problem as craftsmen from the section below – lack of traffic.
What Kind of Online Store Should an Entrepreneur-Beginner Choose E-Commerce Sell Goods?
- Are you starting a merchandise-selling business and planning to sell online? If you are a beginner, you better start with a social network with pictures.
- Are you a businessman with experience and money? Then we are talking about a large assortment. There are hired personnel and an understanding of how processes are built in such a company. And you need a complete e-commerce platform that automates routine operations. It will be convenient for buyers and fully cover your needs.
Such an online store is a severe IT product. It can be raised on a finished CMS and written from scratch. Both paths are viable. Delegate the choice of platform to the web studio. And your task is to choose the proper studio ready to delve into your business and spend energy developing a valuable product for you.
What Platform Should Experienced Entrepreneurs and Big Offline Stores Choose to Go to E-Commerce?
There are no beginners in this business. Business giants are everywhere. An online store for such a business supposes a lot of complex work. How many prominent online stores do you know? The cost of such sites is millions of dollars. But launch budgets are by no means the most important thing. The task of online stores of this level is to increase the company’s revenue and reduce the staff released after automating everything that can be delegated to algorithms.
Platforms for such sites are powerful frameworks. It is not advisable to use a ready-made CMS for such online stores.
CMS VS Framework
A framework is an add-on to a language, a set of libraries, but well-established and well-interoperated libraries for your platform.
Content Management System is, in fact, a ready-made website that needs to be customized to fit your needs.
- CMS significantly speeds up the development of a simple template site. Unlike the effect on a framework, the site has an admin panel immediately ready, and it does not need to be written separately. However, this site creation speed is achieved due to the CMS’s stereotyped, limited, or excessive universality.
- If you want to expand the functionality or add something like that, you may have to fight with the CMS or make some compromises directly. In the case of the framework, there are no such problems. Development takes more time, but any idea is feasible without crutches.
- You’ll find only the most necessary functions in frameworks and suitable, debugged, refactored code. In CMS, especially if it involves third-party modules, you can discover mix-ups or even considerable confusion in the code that can, for example, add links to left-handed sites in your project.
When developing a framework, you build user interaction with functions and data and decide how it will be displayed in the browser. In CMS, it’s all done for you.
Frameworks Are Universally Suitable for Any Task
The advantage of frameworks is flexibility. There are many engines for online stores. When you work on the CMS, each technical task for the site is examined under a microscope. There is always something that goes beyond the capabilities of CMS. In this case, you cannot predict the development time or adequately estimate the project budget. You have to take risks or refuse some functions. There is no better platform that a framework for online stores.
With Frameworks, the Problems Will Disappear
On frameworks, you can do precisely what your business needs. The framework allows you to choose the architecture of the content and not use the underlying organization. A unique charm of the framework: you can completely customize the site’s administrative panel.
The indisputable advantage of the framework is the speed of the site. The online store is speedy. Website speed is one of the leading search engine ranking factors. Google favors fast sites and pessimizes slow ones. Buy more on a fast site because it is more convenient for customers.
Another advantage of the framework is the neutrality to SEO-optimization of the site. Experts broke a lot of copies in disputes about which CMS is better optimized for SEO. Debates are senseless at the root because the requirements of search engines are changing.
Leaders among CMS replace each other on the top with each new search algorithm update. But the problem of the mothballed CMS structure also shows up in SEO. Changing the structure is long and expensive. Frameworks are fine. Using them, you can implement any recommendations of the SEO specialist. And then redo it again when Google comes up with something again.
If you need a fast, modern online store, whether a simple catalog or a complex branched store with non-standard integrations, SECLGroup can help you. To get started, contact experts to measure all pros and cons.